I am a loud and proud member of a FaceBook group called MakeupObsessives. It is founded by our beautiful Kirsty Leigh, and if you’re a makeup guru / artist / obsess’er / addict then you are probably one of the 40, 000 plus members of the same group and you’ll know exactly who Kirsty Leigh is!
Back in June, 2013; Kirsty created MAKEUPOBSESSIVES. It is a safe and fun playground where we can all come together and obsess over all things Makeup / Beauty; - the name itself is prettyyyy self-explanatory, right? GOOD!!
Now, I haven’t been a member from day dot BUT ever since I did join; - I’ve been loyal-to-the-core!!! I’ve learnt SO much from being a member of the group. From gaining new and improved makeup skills to learning about Brands, people, products… the list could go on! It has helped boost confidence as the group is all about positivity and up-lifting one another. OH, and there are rules in place too! You guys know by now that Kylie-hates-rules BUT because I respect the group and have SO much respect for Kirsty, I don’t mind at all about following the rules. I did…just…type…that…right?! It’s OKAY guys, I’m not sick ha ha! Plus, she loves pussy-cats ;) he he! That makes us homies :) X
Alright, SO, have I mentioned that we (members of makeupobsessives) have also been spoilt with a sister-Group to muo?!…YUP, we are so lucky to be given another safe outlet - “MUO Lifestyle”, this allows us to post and talk about things beyond JUST makeup or beauty related things! Both groups are fucking amazing!
Not only are we blessed to be a part of these two fucking amazeballs groups, we are also given opportunities to win SO MUCH goodies! OMG goodies make me have them fuzzy-feels, the kind of fuzzies where I just need to squeeze something sooo fucking tight and clench my teeth together til’ they snap!!! – thosseeee kinds of fuzzy-feels :) I promise I’m not psychotic he he! Ohhh ohhhh AND not to toot my own trumpet or anything (but I want too, so I’m gona! Haha), I have been fortunate enough to have WON a competition… yes bitch, ME! I WON! Amazing, right?! FUCK YES!
God, I was in Mecca Cosmetica HEAVEN! $250 was alllll mine! I could go on the Mecca Cosmetica website and choose anything my wee little heart desired. Ahhhhhh!!! I was freaaaking out! I had SO MANY choices! NARS, STILA, HOUR GLASS, GLAM GLOW, BAREMINERALS – these are just to name a few! I was like a kid in a candy store *,* eeeekkkk!!!
Kirsty runs INSANE competitions like that on the regular. Always giving and NEVER expecting anything back. Amongst the already-crazy busy load that Kirsty carries to make us happy, she throws in another FUCKING AWESOME twist! She brings to life a “MUO BEAUTY BOX”!!!!! GIRRRRLLL is ridicccc!!!! Haaaiillll Queen Kirsty!!!!
FORGOT – if all of that didn’t make your panties drop! We also have MUO MEET UPS. Dead yet? Cause I am! I’ve been to one and it was sooo chill and friendly and FUN!!!... Waaaaaaaiiiitttttt!!!! We also adopted an animal in need! His name is Weemu, he’s a super cute Emu. He lives here --->> http://huha.org.nz/, you could adopt one of Weemu’s friends there too if you wanted :)
I have been EXTREMELY fortunate to have been a part of all the hype with the boxes; from 1 to 6. I know, I know! Enough about ME. BUT, can I just show you my NEW babies I got in Beauty Box #6, you’ll loveeee, I promise :) THENNN we’ll talk about these beauty box babies and what they entail!!!
* I’m not 100% sure how everything works behind the scenes but I am 100% sure Kirsty puts her all into organizing/writing to brands for their products to be a part of the exclusively limited muo beauty boxes.
* A post is pinned in the MUO facebook groups, announcing that there are either 100 or 80 boxes available to those who live only in NZ.
* We are given a time in the morning on a certain day to watch out for as that is when a link to a secret group will be up to click on.
* It’s first in, first served and the only way you know you’ve made it, is if you get accepted into the secret group.
* $75 - $80 per box
* In the pinned post, Kirsty stipulates payment process & requirements;
- Payments must be made within 24hrs
- Screenshot for proof of payment, then send to Kirsty, with names & address’
* Kirsty lets us all know when our amazing boxes will be delivered to us. BUT, before delivery, all products get sent to her home. Our Admin babes then get together and help Kirsty pack all 80 or 100 boxes. Label each of them and have them all ready for pickup on the Monday/Tuesday morning by the Courier. All I can say is; - WINE. Copious amounts of it, k?thnx :)
* During the waiting period, we get to mingle and be all excited together, ask questions etc. Kirsty adds to our hype by filling us in on how many products will be in our boxes, the value of the box (even before all brands have jumped on board). And TRUST ME; - it gets us ALL ammmmppppedddd with excitement!!!!
* Once delivery day arrives, one by one we receive our beautiful baby!!! AHHH!!!! This is when shit reaaallyyy gets INTENSE and our poor admin must try and keep us girls that are waiting in suspense, CALM and reassure us that ours will get to us, if not, admin will hunt it down!
* No photo’s or discussions are to be done in our secret group until everyone has their boxes. (I’m guilty of discussing a product before others had theirs; - HONEST TO BIBLE, I FORGOT :( the excitement took over my train of thought lol)
* Once all boxes are with their owners, we can start posting pics, talk about products etc. it’s a fucking epic time! There’s so much excitement it’/s ridicccc.
* When the hype dies down a little…WAIT…WHAT!? ha ha! The hype never dies down girrrlll!!! Alright well, when we’ve had our little time to be batshit-crazy, it’s the stage where we (in the past) give our thoughts, opinions(reviews) about each product received, under the individual photo that Admin will post up in our secret group. In my opinion; - that part sucked! It was so hard to know/not miss out any of the products BUT, this little shit has been changed and now we do it via a SURVEY!!! Thank you mary, jesus & joseph!!! – I LOVE YOU THE NEW CHANGE!!!!
Reviews are important for a couple of reasons! – by giving our reviews, it locks us in for a chance to get the next beauty box AND the other important reason, we have to/need to do reviews is so Kirsty can report back to the Brands with our feedback, this helps towards them giving products for future beauty boxes!
* AFTER all of that, we are allowed to go show our new babies off in MUO & MUO LIFESTYLE *,*
The overall experience is a fucking amazing adventure and I have LOVED it every time! EVERY single time the hype, the excitement gets more and more intennnnnseeee!!! And OMG! The boxes get more and more fucking AMAZING!!!!
$75 - $80 spent on these beautiful creatures is worth every cent! We get 10+ full size products and I mean, one individual product could cost $50 or more! BE JEALOUS BITCH!!! So in general, for what we pay, we are receiving a box to the value of over $300, shit is REAL. We are fucking blessed!
Thank you Kirsty Leigh + Admin for doing what yous’ do for MUO+MUO LIFESTYLE girls! We are beyond lucky. We are beyond spoilt. LOVE YOU ALL <3 <3 <3
Hope I have done these beauty boxes, the MUO groups, Kirsty + Admin, justice with my post!
Stay happy, Keep smiling XOXOX
So, since I’ve been on HIATUS for the last week or so, I thought I’d keep my first fresh blog post nice and simple he he!
I’m always having my up and down moments. Always looking for things that make me happy and give me fuzzy feels! I swear I go through “Top 5’s” more times than I can say fuck.
Thought I’d share My TOP 5 Life changes / what I’ve done or am doing, anyway to Grab Life by the Pussy (keep in mind, some are ones I always find my way back too!), this includes shit for my Website & Blog as well. Ya never know, some of my top’s might help you or give you inspiration or motivation to do your own.
1. I did and have! I was lying in bed one night, would’ve been some ungodly hour of the AM. And I was just thinking about all kinds of shit; - life, goals, changes, breakfast and dinner etc. as ya’ do at that time of the night (instead of sleeping like the rest of the human world). BUT, it was at that moment I told myself to let any negative, animosity, grudge shit, go! Changes can’t be made unless you go in with a positive train of thoughts. By doing this, I feel ready to go! And my mind is clear!
Well, that’s how I feel and what I believe anyway. Some may disagree, and that’s fine. Each to their own I say. But if it works for you, rideee it girl, HA!
2. uhh. I am guilty of living in a mixed up mess, stored on my laptop! If you’re anything like me and can’t be bothered maintaining files, folders, apps., software, images etc. you’ll know exactly what I mean!
So, I start off with a brand new laptop right?! I vowed to the computer gods that I will NOT let it become unmaintained like the last, that everything will be kept and put into their rightful places… Oh yes, I go all out with the “I will’s and I wont’s”, I’ll be honest; - I fucking hate keeping up with maintaining all the shit I need and want on the laptop. But if I want my brain to become more unboggled, it HAS TO be done!!
Miracles do happen though!!! – I semi cleaned shit up ha ha! Cut me some slack okay! At least we made it to the “Semi” base. I enjoyed the first 10 minutes of it and then the next hour fucking killed me. I still have a million more things to sort and go through before I can say yaaay it’s done.
I’ve made a start and it still helped with unboggling my mind, keeping me on that good vibe, I’ve even made time to clean out the other semi bit! And guess what bitches!? I’m still grabbing & twisting ;)
3. I fucking hate exercising. Actually that’s a LIE. I love to do it, I HATE starting! Trying to get that first day started is a fucking cunt. HATE ITTT!!! But I also know how much it helps me! Arrggghh!!! And I am sickkkk of feeling and thinking bad shit about myself. I am so keen to just fuck this weight off, exercise regularly, eat healthy and just in general feel good about myself.
SO. When wifey came home lastnight after her Sunday afternoon, Taekwondo training and said there will be a tournament in Australia that she wants to work and train hard for, to get picked – it was the PERFECT time for me to get off the shitfest train I had been stuck on since August and train with her!
Ohhhh fuck!! First day of good & healthy eating was a breeze! Food wasn’t my issue. EXERCISE was haha! No surprises there though. Guess what??! I FUCKING DID IT!!! And my body is SO sore and stiff now, but in the best kind of ways!
I’ve also joined back up with my friend who is a Personal Trainer at a gym. She works me hard! GREAT, because that’s what I need and want! I am amped, I am excited, I am going to kill this shit!
4. I don’t know about you guys but with me, I’ve had a million tries with blogging & websites and NONE have succeeded or even been launched. But this badboyy’, I’ve fallen in complete love with. So much that, wifey purchased the domain for me XX LOVE HER. Bitch spoils me so much he he!
With the domain come changes! So, during my hiatus moment I took advantage of some of the free time I had before life kicked in and got in the way, by giving my site a little bit of a spruce up, adding new features, thinking up all kinds of amazing and magical things for it! BUT. I under estimated the amount of shit that needs doing & re-doing on it dammit! Even though, it’s not fully complete yet, it gives me something to keep working on, I’m not upset (usually I’d be so hard on myself & feel useless for not finishing it) fuck, who am I and where’s Kylie??? He he he.
5. I saved this one for last! I love this phrase! The day I started doing it is the day I stopped giving a fuck and I stopped following the rules! I hate rules though; they’ve never done me any favours!
Life shouldn’t be about doing what others want you to do. Life also shouldn’t be like sheep and follow in suit. We’re not robots and we sure as hell aren’t sheep! In life, society has this twisted perception of how or what people should and shouldn’t do with theirs. Apparently, life should go like this; - birth, school, grow up, get a partner of the opposite sex, get good jobs, marry, have kids’ blah blah blah. I say; FUCK THAT!!!
GRAB LIFE BY THE BALLS & TWIST THEM!!!! Live your life the way YOU want. I grabbed it! And I haven’t let go since!
OH. And I’ve broken all the rules; with no fucks given. I was lucky enough to find my soulmate, the keeper of my heart in… wait for it… a FEMALE oooo! Sin me now society! Although, humans are becoming more accepting of the “same sex” shit, being a rainbow in a very cloudy world isn’t always the easiest thing to, first; admit and second; deal with, both what’s going on inside your own head as well as others unwanted opinions.
But you know what? I’m free. I’m HAPPY. I’m safe. I don’t hurt anyone. I am living, not just existing!! I am inlove and loved back, this is how I GRABBED LIFE BY THE BALLS & TWISTED THEM!!!
Hope you’ve enjoyed my Top 5’s!! just remember, they’re mine and I’m not here preaching shit to you guys forcing you to do everything I’m doing or believe in. What are your Top 5’s??? did you grab life by the balls & twist em’?! I’d love to read about them :)
Stay safe, Keep smiling <3
My little bloggie buddies! I am taking this week off due to my site needing TLC and I need to re-think/plan my blog stuff as well. I feel so fuzzled and unorganized! Don't fret though, I'll be back next Monday (17/10/16).
Stay happy, Keep smiling! XOXOX
Since Day 1 of the 7-Day Blog Challenge, I haven’t managed to keep up with my normal blogs that I had planned for, and I’ll be honest; I did try to keep up by doing both but omg that turned into a shit-fest quick! What the fuck was I thinking?! …clearly, I wasn’t thinking lol.
ANYWAY, when Caroline sent our Day 5 challenge through, I was stoked straight away because I knew exactly what I was going to do!
COMBINEDDD of course! My normal blog will cover Day 5!
So, I had planned to originally blog about a fad, beauty guru’s on YouTube have been trying out recently called; “The Power of Make-up”. I gave it a go!
However, before trying it out, I kind of wasn’t a fan. I think because, lately, I’ve seen quite a few ‘Tubers following in suit, like sheep (probably gona’ get burned for saying that lol) with the fads that come out. But that’s just my opinion ha! And I mean hey! I’m here RIGHT NOW getting ready to blog about it all, from my experience. Contradicted myself totally ha ha!
PLUS, I’m not one to indulge in photo’s let alone “Selfies”, and with this little fad comes both of those! Arrgghhh! What have I got myself into!? …oh well, too late to turn back! It’s all about the experience now!
* * * *
Ever wanted to look like someone else?? DON’T! (I tried it once and it didn’t work out! Go read about it over there --->>> Catfish Confession). Ever wished you could do your makeup flawlessly, like you see on your favourite YouTube beauty guru’s?! PRACTICE!! PRACTICE!! PRACTICE!!!
I’m still in the practice boat, so by no means am I a makeup artist. I just love to love, obsess, adore, appreciate, play around with, get excited over, purchase, try out MAKEUP! Didn’t you know it has no rules, size, gender – only, sexuality labels on it?! And we all know; Kylie doesn’t like to follow rules! So make-up is perrrfffff. And HOLY SHIT BALLS guys! It washes off at the end of it all – so CHILLLL! Don’t stress.
MOVING ON!! For ME; - The Power of Make-up means, I can use it as a form of therapy to help with feeling happy or good about myself if I’m having a crappy time. Some people like food or sex or drugs or spa’s or adrenaline type of shit, I like. No! I love make up.
Make – up gives me the power to transform myself into, another “looking” version of Kylie without having to lose or change who KYLIE is. Do I even make sense!? …Bloody magic stuff, I tell yaah!
I’d be a lying asshole if I said it doesn’t give me confidence. Because, it does! I like to look at it from a different angle though! I like to think it just gives me a confidence boost. I feel pretty, sometimes beautiful or amazing (depending if my shit has co-operated during the day/night or if it decided to be a defiant mongrel ha ha), I usually get a defiant mongrel, and this case was no different!! BUT, in saying that; I don’t need make-up, to be confident anymore.
Once upon a time, I use to hide behind Make-up, I actually hated leaving the house without it. I wore it for the wrong reasons.
During this experience; - I did half of my face with make-up on and left the other half naked as fuck (as seen and done by the YouTube babes). My god! When I saw the difference, I was shocked. It was like I was looking at two completely different people. That was “The Power of Make-up”!! I couldn’t believe it, but you know what?! I didn’t get upset like I probably would’ve in the past. Instead I could NOT stop cracking up ha ha!
I surprised myself with my reaction. Uhh, I didn’t flip my shit?? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!!!?? Where was Kylie!!? I kept showing my friends and Wifey, telling them that I look like I’m in jail or something from the lost & found box ha ha!
Hmm. So, on a more serious note! Pros and Cons of this experience? (not gona babble, just jot a few little bits!)
What an eye opening experience! I am proud of myself for going through with the whole thing! Going into this, I asked myself; What does “The Power of Make-up” mean to ME??! ...I couldn’t answer straight away. It’s actually taken me a little bit to word this.
The Power of Make-up is; fun, exciting, strengthening, empowering, positive, proud moments, changes, happy, adventurous, playful. THIS is what “The Power of Make-up means to ME! …
What does “The Power of Make-up” mean to you?!
Keep smiling, Stay happy XOXO
So. I sat here (because I can’t stand) ha ha sorry, my sick humour tends to take the piss out of shitty situations! Anyway, getting back to what I was going to type! Ha. So, yes… sitting here, racking my brain that has been frizzled from having a million things going on inside it this week with lack of sleep from the last 2 to 3 weeks! Trying to think of some kind of tutorial I can share with you guys for DAY 4 of the 7-day blog challenge. I’m secretly stressing because I’ve fallen behind…kinda. & now, it’s not a secret! Oops! & now I’m rambling! Fuck!
After what seems like a thousand and 75 hours of thinking, a light bulb turned on in my cute little-big head and HELLOOO! That annoying little thing that whispers in your ears when there’s an idea (we all have one! …don’t we?!) says; - YOU + BED = DAY 4 TUTORIAL!!!
What the fuck, right?? WRONG. For the majority of you reading this… yes! YOU, ya little minxie bastard – NO! this is not a sex scene! Ha ha! Geez, one mention of BED and the world turns into a giant orgy. Well, not here, not this time, not today buddykins! :)
Back on track girrrrl! – most of you don’t have a process of getting into bed, correct me if I’m wrong though, please! But I do. And I actually do have to teach people how to do it, every time I have to train a new caregiver. Turns out, that, that irritating little whisper thing had the right light switch turned on after all.
For me, it’s not just a case of undressing, changing into pj’s and then hopping in bed. Oh no way, that’ll be too easy! Kylie’s life is far from easy and has been for the last 17yrs. Why start making shit easy now.
Alright, so step by step for my bedtime routine is as follows:
BEFORE I’m even involved in the routine, the caregiver that is on shift that night has to get my bedroom ready. This consists of;
Now the fun parts begin he he! (sorry NO, still no sex scenes lol)
…I’m left hanging in the sling over my bed! Don’t worry guys, this badboy can hold up to 150kg’s – so, I am safe!! This gives my caregiver a chance to take my chair and plug it up to charge for the night, which then also gives us more space to work with.
By now, you guys would be in bed ha ha forming zzZzZzzZzzzZzz patterns! Lucky bastards!! Not to fear, I’m half-way…ish there! Ew! That was so not an intentional rhyme.
ALRIGHT – so! Next steps:
Goodnights and I love you’s are exchanged, lights are turned out and BOOOM!!! That is my step by step bed-time routine tutorial.
AND that folks, after an hour is a wrap!!
Keep smiling, Stay happy XOXOX