Having to dodge and protect your freshly straightened hair from the rain constantly, is always a sure sign of Winter being here. I must admit though – the cold temperatures’ keep my make-up from turning into a ball of grease. I have a love/”dis-like” relationship with the season of rain drops and crisp winds.
Though, the sound of a storm throughout the night is soothing to the ears, almost hypnotizing to the mind and body (Well, for me it is anyway). Thunder roaring its beautiful face off when you least expect it. Lightening flashing on and off as if it’s a faulty traffic light with only one colour. Wind howling just like a wolf on a full moon.
And then, if that doesn’t spoil me enough! I am blessed to see it in all its glory the next day, this time with my eyes wide open. Cosy clothes and chill mode with myBAE (HAHAHA!! Personal joke), in a deliciously heated house with a huge pot of soup slowly simmering away, filling the house with all kinds of melt-in-your-mouth smells. Ready to devour at dinner time!
I never appreciated anything about Winter when I was younger. Thought it was just an annoying piece of inconsiderate shit to be perfectly honest with you! How incredibly wrong was I huh?! Unless of course, it ruins my fucking hair!
With all of that said; I also wanted to share my Winter loves with my stranger-friends out there!! Not only are they my Winter Loves, they’re also my TOP-5 “to do” things that can/should/could be done during the cold, wet, sometimes boring winter season!
I hope you've got your hot drink ready to sip on as you read further?? Nice and cozy? Make sure you’re comfy too! I’ve got lots of words and letters and stuff down below, ready for ya’s to read!! Enjoyyyy bitches <3
TOP-5 THINGS TO DO IN WINTER:
1. Go out, even if it’s by yourself and even if its shitty out!! Just take an umbrella & dress warm!! JUST FUCKING DO IT! & go find a cute little café, order a hot chocolate or coffee or whatever your preferred hot drink may be and, just sit at your chosen table and enjoy yourself. Indulge in the atmosphere of the café – the music, the service, the décor, the quality of your hot drink, the other people in the café. Take a photo while you’re there too! (not a stalkerish one haha). Once you’re done & ready to go – either, tell the counter person something positive OR be spontaneous & leave a little note on your table. Sharing positivity can be the best part of someone’s day!
2. Find a TV series, invite a friend or friends over to watch it with or even the other half! & get lost in all of the episodes!
I have a very addictive, obsessive personality and when I fall for a TV series, I really fall & I fall HARD!!!! Haha. I will be excessive as fuck and watch every single episode & series as fast as I can AND THEN I will re-watch them over & over again haha. Don’t tell BUT, - sometimes I get so consumed by a show that it will end up being all I think about, question about shit, conjure up scenarios lol my imagination takes over my brain.
My TV series list may not be everyones’ cup of tea but it’s my cup of flat white double shot coffee, so it’s fine, k? promise! I’ve included the list anyway, I like to share :) & just in case there’s some crazy frizz-ball out there that might like em’ as well and find the watch, worth it. (Let me know your reviews on any of them if you’ve already watched or after you watch, I’d love to know your thoughts!)
Right, READY?? Here we gooooooo…
P.L.L – I know, I know! This show is sooooo confusing and dragsssss the story out for so fucking long, BUT! If you have the patience to rewind right back to season one, YES! #1 and watch from start to current season & episodes then I promise you wont be confused. Fucked off? Hmm, I can’t promise you wont be lol sorry. BUT at least you’ll have answers with your own conclusions & assumptions. Cause, like fuck am I regurgitating the whole shaa-bang!
G.O.T – This TV show is by far THE BEST fucking thing to watch on the box!!! If you haven’t seen it or heard about it PLEASEEEE don’t make me cry by not checking it out!!! GO, GO, GOOO!!!
VIKINGS – I have a spot for this one. Fell off the wagon though and didn’t finish all of the seasons, so now I’m lost as fuck. BUT – KING RAGNA ALWAYS!!!! He is fucking hot mate. & one day, I shall complete this mission!
BLINDSPOT – SUCH a wicked twist! I love this show! I only hope it gets continued. & of corse I HAD TO watch it when I saw the previews because the main character is a bad ass bitch covered in tattoo’s! BITCH, YOU WON ME AT TATTOO’S!!
T.W.D – My all time LOVE!!!! Oh fuckkkk did I fall for this mutha’effer something BAD!!!! I am the absolute WORST person ever with suspense, yet…. I put myself through this show haha umm? Kayyyy! What can I say about this?? Death, infected, dead – eat – the living, living – eat – the living, living kill the living, dead kill the living, living kill the dead. Get it? Lol it’s all about survival, trust, & people! WATCH PLS? KBYE:)
ORPHAN BLACK – Like science & fucking with human anatomy? Watch this! A sister-hood like no other! This has been one of my current favs!
3. COOK, COOK, COOK!!! Sieve through family recipes or even just your favs in general OR google/pinterest search for delicious hot pot/slow cooker meals you could do.
Spoil yourself & whoever you invite to join you once it’s time to gobble it down! Give yourself a whole day for cooking (especially if it’s something you really enjoy but never get around to doing or you can never be bothered – NOW IS YOUR CHANCE!!)
My all - time FAAAVORITE meal/s during the Winters season are SOO easy & affordable. I didn’t wana’ keep them to myself!
In Winter I live on stews & soups! Done in the slow cooker OMFG!!! I drool just thinking & typing about it.
Venison Stew – You can use ANY meat you want though. I am just very fortunate to come from a family of hunter/gatherers, so, venison is easy to get. This beautiful beast gets shared out amongst family and friends.
Back to the recipe though!
Chucked in to zee’ slow cooker & left to simmer and cook away for hours!! AND as for soups – I’m INLOVE with homemade bacon hock & veg. soup!!!! I could honestly LIVE on this mofo.
What are your favs?? I LOVE FOOD! Ahhhhh ^.^ feed me & share your yummy recipes with me PLEASE!? I’ll be your best buddykins :) hehe.
4. LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION!!! YOU ARE A PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER TODAY – Get your phone out or camera (totally up to you) and take copious amounts of photo’s of everything you see while you’re out and about. Take them from all kinds of angles. Take photo’s of things you wouldn’t normally take photo’s of, there is beauty in everything!!! We just haven’t discovered it all yet. Sort through, delete/keep, edit, share etc! It’s fun, it’s random & it’s better than being cooped up inside, being bored!
5. Get a reading! If you aren’t into this kind of thing that is FINE :) by no means am I forcing anyone to go out & get a reading! It is just something that has always been on my bucket list. Whether you’re in need of spiritual guidance or just curious about what the universe would pull out for you, I think it’ll be a fun and cool experience!
I must admit though – This coming Saturday will be my very first card reading done by beautiful Lalena Judd, who was suggested by a friend of mine on facebook. I don’t know much information at the moment except; Lalena is just beginning her journey by turning this into her fulltime occupation.
My friend attests to the accuracy of Lalena’s readings and the explanations she gives with it.
I will definitely get more information (and costs, cause, lets face it – NOTHING IS FREE lol) & any other info I can, that I think will be helpful on Saturday (9/7/16). I’ll blog my experience with photo’s of it all too :) . I am EXCITEDDDDD though!!!!
And that’sssssss all bitches ^.^ ! Hope I didn’t bore you too much haha even though, there’s no fucks given from me lol hopefully you clicked X if ya didn’t like it…don’t put yourself through un-necessary shit haha!
Until Fridays’ post, keep smiling :), stay happy!