I am a loud and proud member of a FaceBook group called MakeupObsessives. It is founded by our beautiful Kirsty Leigh, and if you’re a makeup guru / artist / obsess’er / addict then you are probably one of the 40, 000 plus members of the same group and you’ll know exactly who Kirsty Leigh is!
Back in June, 2013; Kirsty created MAKEUPOBSESSIVES. It is a safe and fun playground where we can all come together and obsess over all things Makeup / Beauty; - the name itself is prettyyyy self-explanatory, right? GOOD!!
Now, I haven’t been a member from day dot BUT ever since I did join; - I’ve been loyal-to-the-core!!! I’ve learnt SO much from being a member of the group. From gaining new and improved makeup skills to learning about Brands, people, products… the list could go on! It has helped boost confidence as the group is all about positivity and up-lifting one another. OH, and there are rules in place too! You guys know by now that Kylie-hates-rules BUT because I respect the group and have SO much respect for Kirsty, I don’t mind at all about following the rules. I did…just…type…that…right?! It’s OKAY guys, I’m not sick ha ha! Plus, she loves pussy-cats ;) he he! That makes us homies :) X
Alright, SO, have I mentioned that we (members of makeupobsessives) have also been spoilt with a sister-Group to muo?!…YUP, we are so lucky to be given another safe outlet - “MUO Lifestyle”, this allows us to post and talk about things beyond JUST makeup or beauty related things! Both groups are fucking amazing!
Not only are we blessed to be a part of these two fucking amazeballs groups, we are also given opportunities to win SO MUCH goodies! OMG goodies make me have them fuzzy-feels, the kind of fuzzies where I just need to squeeze something sooo fucking tight and clench my teeth together til’ they snap!!! – thosseeee kinds of fuzzy-feels :) I promise I’m not psychotic he he! Ohhh ohhhh AND not to toot my own trumpet or anything (but I want too, so I’m gona! Haha), I have been fortunate enough to have WON a competition… yes bitch, ME! I WON! Amazing, right?! FUCK YES!
God, I was in Mecca Cosmetica HEAVEN! $250 was alllll mine! I could go on the Mecca Cosmetica website and choose anything my wee little heart desired. Ahhhhhh!!! I was freaaaking out! I had SO MANY choices! NARS, STILA, HOUR GLASS, GLAM GLOW, BAREMINERALS – these are just to name a few! I was like a kid in a candy store *,* eeeekkkk!!!
Kirsty runs INSANE competitions like that on the regular. Always giving and NEVER expecting anything back. Amongst the already-crazy busy load that Kirsty carries to make us happy, she throws in another FUCKING AWESOME twist! She brings to life a “MUO BEAUTY BOX”!!!!! GIRRRRLLL is ridicccc!!!! Haaaiillll Queen Kirsty!!!!
FORGOT – if all of that didn’t make your panties drop! We also have MUO MEET UPS. Dead yet? Cause I am! I’ve been to one and it was sooo chill and friendly and FUN!!!... Waaaaaaaiiiitttttt!!!! We also adopted an animal in need! His name is Weemu, he’s a super cute Emu. He lives here --->> http://huha.org.nz/, you could adopt one of Weemu’s friends there too if you wanted :)
I have been EXTREMELY fortunate to have been a part of all the hype with the boxes; from 1 to 6. I know, I know! Enough about ME. BUT, can I just show you my NEW babies I got in Beauty Box #6, you’ll loveeee, I promise :) THENNN we’ll talk about these beauty box babies and what they entail!!!
* I’m not 100% sure how everything works behind the scenes but I am 100% sure Kirsty puts her all into organizing/writing to brands for their products to be a part of the exclusively limited muo beauty boxes.
* A post is pinned in the MUO facebook groups, announcing that there are either 100 or 80 boxes available to those who live only in NZ.
* We are given a time in the morning on a certain day to watch out for as that is when a link to a secret group will be up to click on.
* It’s first in, first served and the only way you know you’ve made it, is if you get accepted into the secret group.
* $75 - $80 per box
* In the pinned post, Kirsty stipulates payment process & requirements;
- Payments must be made within 24hrs
- Screenshot for proof of payment, then send to Kirsty, with names & address’
* Kirsty lets us all know when our amazing boxes will be delivered to us. BUT, before delivery, all products get sent to her home. Our Admin babes then get together and help Kirsty pack all 80 or 100 boxes. Label each of them and have them all ready for pickup on the Monday/Tuesday morning by the Courier. All I can say is; - WINE. Copious amounts of it, k?thnx :)
* During the waiting period, we get to mingle and be all excited together, ask questions etc. Kirsty adds to our hype by filling us in on how many products will be in our boxes, the value of the box (even before all brands have jumped on board). And TRUST ME; - it gets us ALL ammmmppppedddd with excitement!!!!
* Once delivery day arrives, one by one we receive our beautiful baby!!! AHHH!!!! This is when shit reaaallyyy gets INTENSE and our poor admin must try and keep us girls that are waiting in suspense, CALM and reassure us that ours will get to us, if not, admin will hunt it down!
* No photo’s or discussions are to be done in our secret group until everyone has their boxes. (I’m guilty of discussing a product before others had theirs; - HONEST TO BIBLE, I FORGOT :( the excitement took over my train of thought lol)
* Once all boxes are with their owners, we can start posting pics, talk about products etc. it’s a fucking epic time! There’s so much excitement it’/s ridicccc.
* When the hype dies down a little…WAIT…WHAT!? ha ha! The hype never dies down girrrlll!!! Alright well, when we’ve had our little time to be batshit-crazy, it’s the stage where we (in the past) give our thoughts, opinions(reviews) about each product received, under the individual photo that Admin will post up in our secret group. In my opinion; - that part sucked! It was so hard to know/not miss out any of the products BUT, this little shit has been changed and now we do it via a SURVEY!!! Thank you mary, jesus & joseph!!! – I LOVE YOU THE NEW CHANGE!!!!
Reviews are important for a couple of reasons! – by giving our reviews, it locks us in for a chance to get the next beauty box AND the other important reason, we have to/need to do reviews is so Kirsty can report back to the Brands with our feedback, this helps towards them giving products for future beauty boxes!
* AFTER all of that, we are allowed to go show our new babies off in MUO & MUO LIFESTYLE *,*
The overall experience is a fucking amazing adventure and I have LOVED it every time! EVERY single time the hype, the excitement gets more and more intennnnnseeee!!! And OMG! The boxes get more and more fucking AMAZING!!!!
$75 - $80 spent on these beautiful creatures is worth every cent! We get 10+ full size products and I mean, one individual product could cost $50 or more! BE JEALOUS BITCH!!! So in general, for what we pay, we are receiving a box to the value of over $300, shit is REAL. We are fucking blessed!
Thank you Kirsty Leigh + Admin for doing what yous’ do for MUO+MUO LIFESTYLE girls! We are beyond lucky. We are beyond spoilt. LOVE YOU ALL <3 <3 <3
Hope I have done these beauty boxes, the MUO groups, Kirsty + Admin, justice with my post!
Stay happy, Keep smiling XOXOX