*ADDRESSING THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM -
For the longest time, I have always had a love/hate relationship with my weight/body image. I've been stuck on this roller-coaster ride, on & off for far too long! I'm sick of failing or falling off the ride!!! (I can promise you there'll be failures during this but I'm going to stay on the ride & face my demons!)
My goal is obviously; “weight-loss”! But it’s more than that for me.
It’s actually weighing & measuring myself and facing one of my biggest fears – THE NUMBERS. Yaknow? Those fucking numbers that determine whether I’m fat, heavy, skinny or light in weight. THOSE NUMBERS.
Making something that is so personal & embarrassing (for me, this is embarrassing and makes me feel vulnerable and open to being possibly ridiculed by not only strangers but by people who "know" me too! Buuut, I'm curious to see how far I can push myself), public is absolutely terrifying!
90% of me doesn’t want to do it, but the other 10% of me is like; FUCK IT! just do it bitch! And that 10% is out-weighing the fear... kinda!? eekk!
Maybe this will inspire or motivate someone else out there who is terrified like me! or some good shit may come from this?! idk. I'm shitting myself tbh, it's not pretty :/
Being as transparent as possible with this is important to me. I’ve avoided this shit for years.
Consistency is not one of my strong points – Regular weigh in’s will test me and be the bane of my existence.
1. Face the scales! & make it a regular thing. Learn to not be cruel to myself if numbers aren’t what were hoped for.
2. Be and stay CONSISTENT! Two to Three times minimum a week of 1hour workouts.
3. Achieve weight goal, but also build strength & maintain it all.
4. Bringing Diabetes blood sugars down & maintaining them.