SESSIONS WITH THE PHYSIO: First meeting for 2020
Just a quick backstory - The reason for having a Physiotherapist is because the last 3 months of 2019, I surrended myself to myself and reached out for help...
This meant a few things:
- I had to prioritise and give myself no choice but to make changes. No matter how uncomfortable it makes me.
- Fitness was at the top of my list, it had to be!
- Strengthening is definitely a must! I needed & wanted to strengthen the very limited muscles and movement I already have, before it deteriorated and I lose what little bits I do have.
- Swimming was to be incorporated into my everyday life, again.
MAJOR changes needed to be implemented. Through a Govt. body here in New Zealand, I have been under their wings since the year I had my accident and because of the aid they provide, I am able to participate in rehabilitation programs.
The programs are usually run over a period of 6 months. I started with 3 months at first, slowly weening myself into this new and unfamiliar venture. With a team of 3 to 4 professional therapists (one being a Physiotherapist) I am able to continue the rehabilitation program over a duration of 6 months this time round.
So, with the help of my Physio (we meet up once a week) I am incorporating Gym time and Pool time into my everyday life!
And so a new journey starts... with the help from the Physio & First Place Fitness...
With it being a new year, the Physio & I met up for the first time and the following took place:
- Discussed this years plans during my 6mnth program, with her.
- Swimming back in action in March.
- Join & attend a Gym three times a week.
- Must do pulleys every day, or at least every other day.